Parks and Recreation Board Mission Statement
The mission of the Parks and Recreation Board is to advise the Department (PRD) and its Director on current and future PRD programs and activities, to be a liaison between the citizens and agencies of the Town of York and the PRD in all matters pertaining to parks and recreation programs, and in cooperation with other town institutions to promote health and wellness within the Town.
This mission will be achieved through pursuit of a number of specific objectives. Thus, the Parks and Recreation Board and its members are committed:
1. To support the activities and programs of the PRD
2. To advise the Director on issues that may require discussion prior to proposed substantive changes in PRD policy
3. To assist the PRD and its Director with programming , visioning and long-range planning
4. To represent the interests of the York community with the PRD
5. To promote citizen volunteerism for the benefit of the town and the PRD
6. To be accessible as a point of contact for individual community members relative to the PRD, its programs and operations
7. To advocate on behalf of the PRD within the town as deemed advisable by the Board and/or the Director
8. To foster a network of town committees and organizations in support of the PRD
9. To support and promote the interests of the PRD with other relevant agencies of the town
10. To promote partnerships with relevant private institutions in town
11. To assist in fund-raising activities on behalf of the PRD
These mission-based objectives of the Parks and Recreation Board are to be reviewed on an annual basis.